FIWARE Success Stories
Based on recommendations from responsible FIWARE Accelerators, complimented by comprehensive data collection from sub-grantees, FI-IMPACT has collaborated with nominated sub-grantees to prepare FIWARE profiles and FIWARE Case Studies to provide insight into the variety of businesses and innovative products and services that have received support under FI-PPP Phase 3 and the FIWARE Acceleration Programme.
Sixteen FIWARE case studies were prepared in cooperation with sub-grantees. They provide insight into the vision and market need, target market and revenue streams, competitive positioning, enabling technology and progress to date for showcased sub-grantees. They has been grouped thematically in the areas of agrifood, healthcare, energy, security and innovation.
The FIWARE Agrifood case studies include:
- Naaber (Bo Technologies, Estonia) - a food industry smart supply chain solution for farmers, producers, manufacturers, warehouses and transportation carriers.
- Purveyance (Purveyance Ltd, Ireland) - a big-data quality management platform for the fresh produce industry supply chain.
- QIFresh (Agrostis, Greece) - the QIFresh App facilitates collaboration between retailers, quality inspectors and vendors/suppliers to ensure that shipments of fresh fruit and vegetables meet the minimum marketability requirements according to EU Directives.
- SUR+ (LessOrMore, The Netherlands) - SUR+ web application helps fruit and vegetable producers report surplus stock to local and regional food banks.
- tsenso (Logistics Matthias Brunner, Germany) - easy to use temperature monitoring solution specially designed for logistics applications.
- Agricolus (TeamDev srl, Italy) - ecosystem of applications that helps the farmers to implement precision farming based on leveraging a pest awareness platform and decision support system tools
The FIWARE Healthcare case studies showcased include:
- Oviva (Switzerland) - Mobile and web software to facilitate remote nutritional therapy for patients with food-related medical conditions.
- Mixeat, be dynam’eat (Spain) - Leverages 3D Printing to provide a nutritional healthy eating kit developed by dieticans and a virtual support community.
- 8fit (Spain) - Mobile fitness app with meal planner and personal trainer
- AlzhUp (Reta al Alzheimer S.L., Spain) - Digital social health service platform supporting stakeholders impacted by Alzheimer's using non pharmacological therapies
The FIWARE Energy case studies showcased include:
- OEEX (Open Energy Exchange, Germany) - Virtual Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C) Energy Marketplace.
- Beeta (Building Energy Efficiency Trusted Advisor) (TERA srl, Italy) - aims to be a trusted advisor for energy efficiency for households and small building owners.
The FIWARE Security case studies showcased include:
- Findster (Findster Technologies S.A., Portugal) - Findster provides a tracking solution for young children who do not have smartphones (Findster Kids) and pets (Findster Pets).
- SeaCat TeskaLabs (Czech Republic) - TeskaLabs helps enterprises securely build and operate mobile and Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications using a plug-n-play solution based on TeskaLabs security management center.
The FIWARE 3D Printing and Innovation case studies showcased include:
- Linknovate.com (Linknovate SL, Spain) - Linknovate.com provides an online intelligence tool to support new product development and to get insights into emerging topics such as biometric sensors, virtual reality and wearables.
- Glue and Blue (HOP Ubiquitous S.L, Spain) - GnB provides a mobile-orientated marketplace that incorporates 3D printed encapsulations with a Bluetooth Smart IoT-enabled chipset.
FI-IMPACT has collaborated with 73 sub-grantees to prepare FIWARE profiles. These are grouping into ten thematic areas: 3D Printing; Agrifood; eHealth; Energy; Media; Other; Security; Smart Cities; Social & Learning and Transport. These high potential initiative profiles provide an insight into the focus of the project, the organisation involved, sector, target market, business model and website.
All innovation related documentation and resources, including items related to IPR, value proposition, innovation management, user involvement, or citizen involvement.
All technology related documentation and resources, including items related to Generic Enabler, Cloud, IoT, Experimentation, Deployment, Media, API, Security, Web Technology, Data Handling, or Middleware.
All business related documentation and resources, including items related to market development, business models, European business models, international business models, demand management, business sustainability, business continuity, or consultation.
All market related documentation and resources, including items related to regional markets, EU markets, international markets, market segmentation, or accelerators’ thematic domains like Smart Cities, agriculture, media, etc.